The Best Moments In Reading Are When You Come Across Something- A Thought, A Feeling, A Way At Looking At Things- Which You Had Thought Special And Particular To You. And Now, Here It Is, Set Down By Someone Else, A Person You Have Never Met, Someone Who Is Even Long Dead. And It Is As If A Hand Has Come Out, And Taken Yours.

Alan Bennett

The History Boys

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday 1# The Shadow Queen

Waiting on Wednesday 1#
The Shadow Queen by C. J. Redwine
Let’s face it, the cover is gorgeous. I don’t even know what this book is about, yet the cover was just enough to make me want to read it. I mean, look at it! I know it’s some kind of fairytale re-do thing, but I haven’t heard much else. Just that alone though kind of makes me compare it with Cinder. Except I think this has Snow White instead of Cinderella as the main character? I have always really liked fairy tale retellings because I was a huge Disney fan when I was eleven, and I knew all the movies by heart and just wanted more. BTW have any one of had a prince or princess in a fairy tale you really didn’t like? For example I always really despised princess Ariel. I mean if you think about it, she’s just whining about how she wants to be a human the entire beginning of the movie. Then, when she gets what she wants  And don’t even get me started on the sequel (shudders).There just isn’t a morale to that story. Plus princess Ariel always gets whatever she wants, yet she has to complain about the things she doesn’t, sheesh we get it you’re a spoiled brat. 

I also know the main character’s names sound Game of Thrones ish and that the story revolves about a character planning revenge to avenge her father. I think she’s trying to kill a wicked queen that killed her father. Yeah, that sounds about right. Anyways I can’t wait to read it, and the release is sometime in February.


In case you don’t know what Waiting on Wednesday is, it’s a weekly blog meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. Every Wednesday you basically write about an upcoming book release you are excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment